Under the overall guidance of the UN Women Country Director and Senior Programme Coordinator and Programme Specialist and supervision/close coordination with the programme team, the Senior Advisor will provide the following deliverables:
Analysis and strategy (80%):
· To remain abreast of the latest humanitarian theory and practices in the Pakistani context. To support dissemination of this information in concise and easily accessible formats to UN Women regional and global.
· To guide around analysis and reflection on the mechanisms which have enabled successful program implementation of gender responsive projects during humanitarian crisis.
· Ensure proper documentation of the programme
o Finalization of the ‘UN Women’s Engagement in Humanitarian Response’
o Success stories, case studies, good practices.
· Technical advice and analysis of the work of NDMA but specifically PDMAs
· Capacity Building of provincial offices (Topics to be identified) and partners
Networking and influencing (20%):
· To represent, provide technical advice on behalf of UN Women in Humanitarian clusters and related forums.
· To contribute to building UN Women’s reputation as a key humanitarian focused agency.
· Provide regular updates to CPD, SPC and Programme Specialist regarding clusters needs, strategies and other aspects
Minimum ten to fifteen years experience in working with the Government, NGOs and international organizations on development issues, with strong experience in Gender and Development (GAD) issues and programmes;
Strong knowledge and experience in applying international norms and standards on gender equality (CEDAW, Beijing Platform for Action, ICPD, International frameworks on DRR and DRM, etc.) to national and regional contexts;
Strong expertise on gender and humanitarian crises and post conflict rehabilitation. Gen Cap selection is advisable
Advanced degree in social sciences focus on gender issues considered an asset
Strong communication and writing skills in English and Urdu is a requirement
Any other local language is an asset
Knowledge of the conflict issues in Pakistan and experience of working in humanitarian situation on integration of GE concerns
Minimum 10 years experience in advocacy and activism on Womens issues in Pakistan.