- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Service Contract (SC)
Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
3 Years(3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.)
Under the overall guidance of Operations Manager, and direct supervision of Administrative Assistant, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNWOMEN and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
1. Provides efficient Helper services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Sorting, delivery and pick up of mailfrom various offices on the premises at regular intervals.
- Filing of required documents asadvised.
- Maintenance of records as required.
- Organizing and managing Archive Room asadvised.
- Packaging/packing of material receivedfor dispatch; labeling, inserting material in envelopes and frankingoutgoing mail.
- Photocopying and duplicating services.
- Organizing Office furniture and OfficeCleaning
- Kitchen services for example teaarrangement
· Other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe drivingservices by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UNWOMEN,other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection ofmail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel andvisitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangementwhen required.
3. Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of theassigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for majorrepairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the requireddocuments/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, officedirectory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare partsin the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required byrules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Secondary Education. Valid Drivers license.
3 years work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.