These positions are advertised to develop a roster of recommended candidates, who may be deployed on need basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
2. Assist in elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance, control of the workflows in the Finance Unit.
3. Assist in Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects.
4. Assist in elaboration of the framework and conditions of contributions agreed with donors.
5. Assist in elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
6. Assist in routinely monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other UNDP staff at Country Office of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
7. Assist in financial resources management through planning, guiding, controlling of the resources in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations.
8. Assist in preparation and monitoring of budgets of management projects.
9. Assist in elaboration of the internal expenditures’ control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded; payrolls are duly prepared; travel claims and other entitlements are duly processed, receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals are properly done in compliance with UNDP policies and procedures.
10. Assist in monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information