Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Field Officer UNHCR Sub-Office Peshawar, the incumbent will perform the following duties and functions:
1. Distributes incoming cables, messages, and other communication in accordance with established instructions;
2. Ensures that all communications handed to him/her for transmission are properly prepared and authorized and promptly transmitted;
3. Selects the most efficient and economic means for the transmission of messages, taking into consideration the nature and priority of communications to be transmitted;
4. Maintains a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the telecommunication equipment are entered;
5. Ensures that no unauthorised communications are exchanged on the network;
6. Ensures that all the equipment placed under his/her responsibility is maintained in good working condition;
7. Assists new staff members in the proper operation of telecommunication equipment;
8. May performs secretarial functions, such as handling paper work on routine, matters, arranges appointment/meetings both internally and externally, screening telephone calls, types a wide variety of materials from drafts, printed text, using a word processor.
9. May assist in making Travel arrangements.
Qualifications/Profession al Training
1) English language is essential for the work of the post;
2) Sound knowledge and practice of Secretarial functions;
3) Good Communication skills.
1) Relevant experience with United Nations or International Organisations is an added advantage;
2) Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment;
3) Flexibility and adaptability, team working, performance orientation, communication, professional and personal behaviour are UNHCR core competencies.
Proficiency in English (both oral and written) as well and good knowledge of the local languages (Urdu & Pashto) as asset.