- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Telecom Assistant (Technician)
Service Contract (SC)
HSSC, Diploma in Electrical or Computers.
5 Years(Five years of experience in installation, maintenance of HF, VHF and Satellite phones.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, maintain, upgrade and support the radio communication systems including HF/VHF systems.
2. Provide regular user support to UN Agencies in terms of radio programming etc.
3. Maintain a central database of call signs and Sel-calls for all UN agencies operating in Pakistan.
4. Assign Sel-calls and call signs to personnel and vehicles of UN agencies in Pakistan.
5. Perform regular maintenance work as and when required in the UN interagency radio rooms.
6. Liaise with UN interagency radio rooms and make sure that contact information such as call signs, Sel-calls and telephone numbers are updated regularly.
7. Provide training in the use of VHF and HF radio equipments to IA radio operators as well as UN staff in general.
8. Provide computer training to allow radio operators to log incidents, produce documents, initiate correspondence and formulate shift rosters.
9. Maintain physically and electronically IA inventory of Comms equipments, and other items needed for Comcens setup.
10. Installation of Fixed Satellite phones in radio rooms and mobile stations.
11. Instruct staff on map marking and general awareness.
12. Basic IT supports i.e. installation of Computer Systems, Antivirus, user support and configuration emailing in radio rooms.
13. Perform other related duties as required by the CSA/ DSA/ Telecomm Manager
Experience Five years of experience in installation, maintenance of HF, VHF and Satellite phones.
1- Willingness to climb guy wired/GSM tower for antenna installation, maintenance and upgrading.
2- Willingness to travel any time to any part of country and work in multicultural environment and hot and cold weather.