- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Operations Assistant (Field Support)
Special Short Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Since the inception of IOM in 1951, Movement Operations have been and continue to be a fundamental pillar of the Organization’s work. The organized movement of persons in need of international migration assistance is a primary mandate of the Organization and a cornerstone of IOM’s operations. This mandate has resulted in the international transport of more than 15 million migrants and refugees worldwide. Movement Operations departments in various IOM missions, coordinated under the division of Resettlement and Movement Management (RMM) in the Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE) at IOM’s Geneva Headquarters, are responsible for all aspects of travel for migrants and refugees under IOM’s auspices, in accordance with the various framework agreements with resettlement and receiving Governments and partners across the spectrum of the Organization's programmes.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of National Operations Officer, the Operations Assistant (Field Support) is responsible for undertaking movement operations activities in the field, with the following duties and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Undertake field support activities in an assigned area or areas, such as at an airport, transit center, third-party facility or in relation to transportation.
- Perform airport services, such as providing custodial care of travel documentation; verifying identities and documentation, including exit permissions, visas, tickets and other items in the travel bag; assisting with airport formalities, including flight arrivals, curb-side assistance, check-in, luggage formalities, immigration procedures, security screening systems and customs clearance; escorting arriving individuals to ground transportation and departing individuals to their gates; visually confirming flights have departed; ensuring individuals with special needs or equipment receive appropriate support; and, as needed, sending notifications using relevant systems.
- Assist individuals at third-party facilities, including upon arrival with sign-in, verification of identity, orientation, food and non-food items and room assignments; during their stay with food and non-food items, instructions, briefings, activities and resolution of issues; and upon departure for medical appointments, return travel or onward travel with briefings, luggage support and transition to transportation. Enter and update relevant data in the appropriate systems and ensure vulnerable individuals are assisted in a manner that ensures their safety, security and comfort; report all issues immediately to the appropriate supervisor(s).
- Provide assistance at third-party facilities for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods and weekends, ensuring the needs of individuals are met throughout their stay. Communicate promptly with third-party facility representatives and/or supervisors if issues arise.
- Assist in the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, third-party facilities, including liaising with service providers, ensuring the identity verification, readiness and organization of individuals being transported, and providing relevant briefings. Assist with baggage sorting, tagging and handling and escort individuals on transportation as needed. Ensure individuals with special needs are provided with appropriate services and report any issues to supervisors immediately.
- Provide selection mission support, exit permit support and/or interpretation services for individuals at the airport, consolidation points and third-party facilities or during transport by air, ground or water.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Senior Operations Assistant and/or supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Senior Operations Assistant or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Provide support to Operations activities in form filling/submissions when requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four years of working experience with secondary [high school] education; two years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.