- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
The Community Resilience Activity-North (CRA-N) Project is designed to support community level resilience development and conflict prevention activities within the newly merged districts (NMD’s) of Khyber, Kurram, North Waziristan and Orakzai Districts within Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Province; CRA-N will pursue a multi-disciplinary and community participatory approach and will work in close coordination with the Government of Pakistan (GoP) at the regional and district level.
Under the overall supervision of the Program Manager, and Resource Management Officer the IT/Database Assistant will report to the Sr. IT/GIS Assistant CRA-N Office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist the Sr. IT/ GIS Assistant in providing IT/Technical support to CRA North staff including, but not limited to the following:
- Provide the necessary support in using/trouble shooting of Program’s Database PAKDB.
- Develop and implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Assist in upgradation and enhancement of existing information systems to respond efficiently to the emerging requirements of the programme.
- Improve and automate data validation mechanisms to support operational and reporting systems.
- Installation & configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications in line with Organization’s policies and standards
- Maintenance and monitoring of computer networks and systems.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Troubleshooting of software, hardware and network related issues to all project offices.
- Maintain & troubleshooting of office equipment i.e. Fax machine, PABX Exchange including intercom, Photocopier, Network printers, Network Scanners and Mobile Phones including Preventive maintenance of all systems/equipment.
- Ensure adherence to the IOM data protection policies/ICT guidelines.
- Assist in IT Equipment inventory tracking and inventory update in line with the Organization’s policies.
- Technical Support to security department regarding IP Cameras & biometric access control System and Technical Support to HR department regarding biometric IP based attendance System.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Telecom or equivalent. Work experience of five years in a similar position.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of IT/Technical support (hardware and software).
- Working knowledge of Data visualization and Geographic Information System tools like Power BI, Arc GIS, QGIS, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends and developments in information technology
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft O365 suite software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point, SharePoint and teams)
- Good understanding of Computer Networks (LAN/WAN) and Cyber Security.
- Knowledge of Cloud Services and storage.
- Knowledge of ERP software is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a cross-cultural and fragile environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Computer hardware and networks.
- Strong communication Skills
- Fluency in English & Urdu