- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Health & Medicine
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Under the supervision of the Head of office and the guidance from the Chief Medical Officer and Migration Health Physician for technical matters and the Chief of Mission IOM Pakistan, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing support the Immigration Health Assessment Programmes through activities, related to nursing, laboratory testing, administration of treatment and prevention, and clerking. In particular, she/he will:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist the Head of office in organizing the activities related to Immigration Medical Examination.
- Obtain blood, urine, sputum and other specimens for laboratory testing by maintaining the proper identity of the applicant and ensuring the appropriate levelling of the sputum and other specimen, ensure the appropriate shipment of the collected specimen to the laboratory in close co -ordination with the TB Lab supervisor and other external Lab service provider.
- Perform rapid laboratory tests, including but not limited to dipstick urinalysis, pregnancy tests, HIV, rapid malaria tests and other tests as necessary.
- Administer vaccinations with proper ascetic techniques.
- Assist Migration Health Physicians (MHPs) in medical examination, including collecting medical history, checking vital signs, weigh, height and visual acuity.
- Assist in management of medical record keeping, register and upload the medical report on appropriate database.
- Provide HIV pre- counselling before medical screening and post counselling if needed and conduct the TB education to the TB patients and family members.
- Assist the Migration Health Physician (MHPs) for the medical deferral, furtherance and TB follow up cases.
- Maintain the inventory and supply of medications, vaccines and others in close co-ordination with the Administration and finance.
- Assist the radiographer to carry out X-ray imaging of migrants as requested by the physicians or radiologist in accordance with IOM and international standards.
- Such other duties as may assigned by the supervisors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Nursing.
- Valid license to practice medicine (nursing) in Pakistan.
- At least three years of experience in clinical practice; excellent technical skills, including phlebotomy. Compassionate attitude to the patients. Good bedside manners.
- Computer literacy.
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult conditions.
- Ability to work with the colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
- Good command of spoken and written English.