Under the overall supervision of WHO Country Representative, the incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties at WHO Regional Reference Laboratory for Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI), Department of Virology, National Institute of Health, Islamabad:
· Receive, register, and log records of clinical (stool, blood etc.) and environmental wastewater samples received at laboratory for poliovirus testing using manual and electronic database system.
· Processing and inoculation of stool and environmental wastewater samples for enterovirus isolation.
· Develop, maintain, and update inventories of poliovirus materials archived at poliovirus laboratory.
· Support record maintenance of laboratory supplies stocks used for poliovirus testing.
· Maintenance of equipment and machines with their validation and certification records used at different sections of poliovirus laboratory.
· Undertake other relevant duties as directed by the polio laboratory director, coordinator and/or WR.
Essential Education and Professional Requirements:
· Secondary School Certificate from a recognized institute.
· A minimum of 2 years of work experience in a virology laboratory.
· F.Sc in Medical Laboratory Technology and/or BS Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institute.
- Training on Laboratory biosafety and biosecurity.
· Capable of proper application and use of general laboratory equipment.
- Practical knowledge and skills in laboratory data record and analysis