OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide transportation to WHO staff and visitors, as well as delivery/collection services of documents and goods, related to the official work of the WHO’s office.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant / Head of Sub-Office and the overall guidance of the Administrative Officer / Head of WHO Country Office, Pakistan, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to the established schedule; fulfillment of assignments is checked on a regular basis.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with basic visa and customs formalities and other arrangements, as required; ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
- Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc.. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Procure minor supplies for the Office, obtaining invoices for local purchase and arrange to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Act as a messenger within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
- Any other related task assigned by the supervisor.
Functional Skills & Knowledge:
- Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
- Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations.
- Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
- Work may involve some discomfort due to long driving hours, lifting of bags and/or parcels and being subject to weather and traffic risks.
- Computer skills are an asset.
Excellent knowledge of the local language. Working knowledge of English is an asset.
2) Knowing and managing yourself
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for interviews and test.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
OTHER SIMILAR POSITIONS AT THE SAME LEVEL MAY BE FILLED FROM THIS VACANCY NOTICE.