- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Contract ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission in Kabul, and the direct supervision of the Logistics and Procurement Officer in Kabul, with close coordination with the National Logistics and Procurement Officer in Islamabad, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities including; maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, cargo transport, warehousing with all the respective documentations.
- Liaise with the Logistics / Procurement Officer in Kabul and the National Logistics / Procurement Officer in Islamabad regarding procurement requests and requirements and consolidate them.
- Assist in planning procurement actions and analysis of procurement requests.
- Conduct regular vendors’ checks and market surveys to ensure a full knowledge of the availability, quality and prices of different supplies and goods in the local market.
- Prepare and disseminate RFPs, RFQs and ITBs and receive the proposals, quotations, and bids to all potential vendors.
- Assist with the identification and evaluation of vendors against performance, reliability, quality, value of money, delivery of equipment/service in respect of the organizations’ best interests and donors’ mandate. Assist in soliciting bids or quotations for conformity to specified requirements, select vendors, and confirm terms of payment and terms of delivery.
- Taking under consideration while conducting a bidding process, the value of money, quality, compatibility, payment method, warranty, after selling services, and the company profile / reputation.
- Post all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and the respective Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Follow-up on Purchase Orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Monitor the vendors for the compliance to the contractual agreements and make sure to get a suitable delivery period which meets the projects implementation schedule.
- Ensure through established procedures, that all received goods/works/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the respective PO/Contracts.
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with PO/Contract and goods/services received.
- Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests to the Finance Unit to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- On a routine basis assist in identifying procurement and logistics challenges and bottlenecks and suggest solutions and recommendations to the Logistics / Procurement Officers.
- Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with two years of relevant experience or
- School certificate with four 4 years of relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Urdu, both written and spoken
- Working knowledge of Pashto and Farsi/Dari or any other local language/s is an advantage
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.