Senior Security Assistant
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Pakistan Chief of Mission and in direct supervision of the Community Resilience Activity (CRA) Program Manager & Field Security Officer (FSO) for technical advice, the Senior Security Assistant is responsible for all matters related to the safety and security of the CRA staff, main office in Islamabad as well as the CRA Field Offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The incumbent’s duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Conduct security assessments/evaluations/threat/risk analysis (both tactical and strategic) offering appropriate prevention and/ or mitigation recommendations and take an active role in the development and implementation of safety and security plans.
- Assist in the design of security-related strategies and specific security standard operations procedures (SOP) and establish a concrete course of action for their implementation.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and appropriate IOM security focal points.
- Monitor all trips made by CRA Islamabad and sub offices staff in the field offices in coordination with the field security staff and ensure the FSO is kept up to date on the same.
- Ensure that all security administration (travel clearances, staff lists, etc.) is processed in a thorough and timely manner and archived for future access if required.
- Ensure all relevant security information is disseminated in a timely manner to the appropriate CRA Islamabad Staff.
- Ensure that CRA safety and security documents (emergency plans, warden systems) are regularly updated and that CRA Staff understand these documents.
- In coordination with the Field Security Officer organize regular security training for Islamabad staff as well as for field staff.
- Develop a solid understanding of the UNDSS security management system in Pakistan; collect and analyze information relatives to the security in, Islamabad, Newly Merged Tribal Districts and other areas of Pakistan. Prepare daily and weekly updates about the security situation in Pakistan.
- Brief all newly recruited CRA Staff about the security situation in Islamabad, Newly Merged Tribal Districts and Pakistan.
- Supervise the CRA offices’ Guard Force and ensure that all security guards are performing their duties and are properly trained; Coordination with the security company in relation to the management of the mention company guards.
- To provide the security clearances of the new recruitment to the HR unit
- Assist in planning, organizing and supervising all security & safety matters related to CRA operations.
- Ensure that all security measures are being respected by CRA Staff.
- Manage the travel process for all CRA staff in Islamabad and the field offices. Process security clearance print travel documents and ensure signatures are in order prior the staff travels.
- Ready to travel to conduct field missions to the CRA offices and areas of activities.
- Any other duty assigned by the Field Security Officer or the Program Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent in the same field with 5 years of experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Security field.
- Ability to work to deadlines on long hours and under significant professional and environmental pressure; ability to work independently.
- Computer competency with spreadsheet, databases and processing /.internet.
- Experience in dealing with hostage crisis is advantageous.
- Experience in dealing with the UNDSS, safety/security counterparts, relevant government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of VHF radio operation
- Knowledge of host country security/safety codes
- Solid computer skills (MS word, Excel, Access and power point)
- Ability to travel
- Fluency in English & Urdu