WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (UNHAS)
Type of contract: Special Service Agreement
Duration: 6 Months
Duty Station: Islamabad
Vacancy Number: 173039
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.
To provide administrative support for the smooth management of the UNHAS administration activities with direct reporting line to the CATO or the designate official.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Manage support to UNHAS staff and Air Operators for smooth functioning of operation.
- Maintain and arrange transport requirements of UNHAS Staff and Air Operators through close liaison with MTO of CO WFP Pakistan.
- Scrutinise all the invoices of Transport and Guest Houses for correct billing.
- Processing of Airport Entry Permits through Protocol Officer.
- Processing of all visa related issues.
- Look after all attendance and sick leave etc.
- Provide monthly statement of all expenditures incurred on Air Operators.
- Maintain and record all operational expenditures.
- Minor procurements for UNHAS operation/administrative affairs.
- Support UNHAS Afghan Office for any administrative requirement.
- Any other assignment given by CATO or designated official.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Timely process payments.
- Administrative tasks assigned fully completed.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of Secondary School Education. First level university degree in Business/Public Administration, Economics or relevant field is desirable.
Language: Fluent in English Language (Level C)
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- 4-5 or more years general administrative work (essential)
- Three or more years with related to Travel.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge in the use of WINGS II ECP and SAP or similar is desirable
- Knowledge of WFP Corporate Travel Rules is desirable
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programmes, and other related tools.
Other desirable skills:
- Professionally dealing with staff members, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day-to-day work
This position is based in CO Islamabad and incumbent will report directly to CATO or the designate
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Interested Candidates can apply through the link given below;