Senior Project Assistant, Project Management
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousands of refugees each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Pakistan. RSC Pakistan manages US resettlement activities in Pakistan. RSC Pakistan prepares applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arrivals to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to individuals departing for the US.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission in Pakistan and the Project Manager, RSC Pakistan, and the direct supervision of the Project Officer, CCC, RSC Pakistan, the Senior Project Assistant (Compliance, Systems Solutions Champion) has the following duties and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organize the activities of the office of the Project Manager, RSC XXX, including arranging and/or scheduling appointments, managing the calendar, and handling duty travel for the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers, including the preparation of relevant briefing kits, travel authorizations, hotel reservations, transportation arrangements, visa requirements and security clearances.
- As requested, handle incoming correspondence and documents for the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers, including registering correspondence, preparing responses to communication, ensuring the accuracy and correct formatting of outgoing diplomatic and routine correspondence, and translating, interpreting and drafting correspondence for the Project Manager.
- Assist in the management of RSC-related information, including maintaining a phone number, extension and office number database, maintaining a staff database, updating the staff organizational chart with pillar, unit, title and reporting lines, regularly monitoring staffing data to ensure adherence to the USRAP standardization, ensuring the relevant server drives are organized and contain updated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), reports and other important documents, and assisting with SharePoint updates and management.
- Provide liaison and coordination support for all logistical and administrative matters between RSC visitors and responsible IOM Pakistan units and staff, including support in requesting visas, transportation, hotel arrangements and office working space.
- Provide liaison support to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers in relation to their liaison duties with government officials, embassies, UN agencies, other organizations and representatives of the media.
- Serve as a channel of communication between the Project Manager, Deputy Project Managers and other units of the IOM Pakistan mission as needed, including distributing and/or relaying messages from the office of the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers to/from mission staff.
- Coordinate extensively with the IOM Pakistan logistics and procurement team, as well as with other entities such as security colleagues, building management and external service providers, in relation to RSC purchase orders, facility requirements, the construction of new office sites and moves.
- In coordination with the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers, liaise with IOM Pakistan HR team members in relation to recruitment-related matters such as the issuance of vacancy notices, interview panels, interview schedules, selection paperwork and the onboarding and separation of RSC staff members. Communicate with the HR team as needed to clarify questions from the Project Manager or Deputy Project Managers.
- Assist in organizing special events, including IOM-facilitated workshops, seminars, symposia, and conferences. In this capacity, handle logistical and administrative details such as completing forms for the finance department, identifying event venues, arranging event materials and technological requirements, preparing, and disseminating agendas and event details, corresponding with event organizers, facilitators, speakers, and attendees, communicating about the event within and outside of the IOM mission, and liaising with government and facility officials as needed.
- As needed, participate in relevant internal and external events related to RSC and USRAP activities, including seminars, workshops, meetings, and conferences, and represent the Organization at gatherings of governmental and non-governmental entities. Record and disseminate event notes and track action points when requested.
- Provide project development support to the Project Manager and Deputy Project Managers including collecting, filing, and sharing information as requested, reviewing and editing reports, proposals and other documents, and liaising between the Project Manager, Deputy Project Managers and the Compliance team on special projects.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed secondary education required with six years of working experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field with four years of working experience
- Deep understanding (5+ years required) of knowledge of current RSC and/or USRAP, policies, and standards and START system processes and system steps.
- Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet
- General familiarity with RPC and USRAP programmatic responsibilities, processes, and policies.
- Knowledge of USRAP program implementation and familiarity with IOM's administrative, financial, and business rules and practices is desirable
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy in planning, organizing, and carrying out the assigned responsibilities, including coordinating activities with professional staff.
- Ability to communicate with all staff throughout the RSC and RPC.
- Experience testing web-based solutions is a plus.
- Familiarity with iterative software development methodologies and delivery is a plus.
· Fluency in English (oral and written
· Knowledge of any other local language
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates