Organizational Context and Scope:-
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) or Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) or Chief Migration Health Nurse (CMHN) or Senior Migration Health Nurse the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Karachi, Pakistan.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:-
The Medical Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants.
He/she may be assigned to one of two potential subunits within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing unit or the call centre. The incumbent will need to be capable of flexibility when assigned different tasks. Below is a description of the possible tasks, which are more detailed in the duty lists and standard operating procedures (SOPS).
Call Centre overall duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone.
2. Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries.
3. Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant persons as required.
4. Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments and update the records; and,
5. Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
- Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), such as:
a. receiving and explaining the registration process to applicants.
b. checking applicant’s identity.
c. entering biodata of the applicants in the appropriate platform.
d. taking photos using webcam and loading the image to the appropriate platform; and,
e. printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
- Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents from Country Offices or Panel Physicians while updating the reception of the same in the database and forward for quality check before clearance, if applicable.
- Prepare, sort and package medical files and other documents during mobile migration health assessment missions where such mobile units are available.
- Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents either by electronic means or by courier services to the various partners. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
- File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues.
- Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience:-
- University Degree with at least two years of relevant working experience.
- Secondary School Diploma with at least four years of relevant working experience.
- Certificate in IT/Data entry is an advantage.
- Experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one.
- Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
Fluency in English & local language is required.