- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Immunization Officer, NO-A, Temporary Appointment, For 364 Days, Tarinkot, (Uruzgan), Afghanistan (Open to Afghan Nationals)
UNICEF works in some of the worlds toughest places, to reach the worlds most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
How can you make a difference?
Accurate, complete and up-to-date programme/project management information is available for
effective budget preparation, programme/project design, implementation, management and
evaluation. Ensures the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective Immunization programme
and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Drafts Immunization programme budgets
for review by the supervisor, ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of data and coding. Drafts updated project status
reports. Assembles and provides updated data and information on national immunization programme and on
financial/administrative status for monitoring, analysis and analysis. Analyses the programme status and recommends
appropriate adjustments as necessary.
Project efficiency, effectiveness and vaccination coverage are enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
Enhances project efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply and non-supply assistance and Immunization project status. Undertakes field visits to districts and sub-districts for monitoring of project activities and to improve immunization coverage. Prepares reports on the results of the field visits and progress of vaccination coverage
- Progress reports and project work plans are timely prepared, and effective technical support is provided in the drafting of donor, annual and other reports/project documentation related to EPI. Collects, assembles and analyses data and information, and drafts progress reports; proposes changes in Immunization project work plans and in identification of required supplies and equipment. Assists in drafting sections of donor, annual and other project documentation related to EPI, ensuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments are ensured. Monitors flow of supply and non-supply assistance to local authorities. Records supply and non-supply inventory and quarterly update on cold chain equipment, distribution and utilization. Ensures the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verifies that Immunization project expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the project information and database (e.g., FLS, ProMS). Follows up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies.
- The capacities of Country Office staff and team work are strengthened through effective capacity building activities in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme. Supports a staff training/development programme to upgrade the capacity of the Country Office staff in the programme development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme. Conducts relevant orientation, workshop, team work facilitation and staff learning/development activities: ensures that vaccination teams (acceleration) are properly trained on the various aspect of EPI; participates in training activities and micro-planning workshops.
- Knowledge sharing with donors and media is promoted. Compiles Immunization project implementation training and orientation materials, and shares useful and appropriate information to promote knowledge sharing with donors and media.
- Effective communication, networking and collaboration are achieved with internal and external partners. Ensures the effective communication, networking and working relationships are developed and maintained. Collaborates with Operations staff to resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management. Works with local government counterparts to exchange detail information on Immunization project implementation and status as well as movement and distribution of supplies. Provides technical support in the planning of district EPI micro-plan. Arranges field visits to project sites for government and other partner, providing necessary information for briefing on the project. Participates in the study of the project status and evaluation as required. Liaises with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to Immunization sector.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have
Education: University degree in the following areas: Social Sciences, Medicine, Health, Public Health, Family Health, Child Development, Nursing, or a field relevant to international, development assistance in Immunization and Child Survival & Health Care. Background/familiarity with Emergency.
Work Experience: A minimum of 2 year of relevant professional experience in knowledge management. Training and experience in social welfare, or Immunization/ health care.
For every Child, you demonstrate
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to submit their applications before the deadline.
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.