WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Emergency & Livelihood)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Islamabad
Vacancy Number: 173077
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals only.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
*Remote work if applicable or/FWA until return to office or travel is possible due to covid-19 restrictions.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
2. Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of considerable size/complexity, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
3. Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
4. Research and analyse a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes and activities.
5. Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
6. Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
7. Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
8. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through providing inputs into training materials.
9. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
10. Other as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Technical overview and operationalization of WFP food and cash-based assistance at the national level.
• Focal point for starting and coordinating food and cash interventions in emergency and recovery contexts under supervision of the Strategic Objective (SO) Manager. Scale-up and assist in design of Resilience-building and development projects as applicable.
• Focal point for overall project management and coordination of projects nation-wide. Use project management tools, and report progress and results to the SO manager.
• Coordinate with Provincial Offices (PO) and other functional units at Country Office (CO) and guide and drive emergency or conditional response modalities in accordance with timelines.
• Lead and provide technical support to PO colleagues on livelihoods-based recovery activities.
• Ensure resource pipeline coordination and tracking, operational planning of food/cash, and detailed workplans and timelines together with the Programme Associate in liaison with POs.
• Compile and draft adequate situation updates, project progress updates, tracking of distributions and similar together with the Programme Associate.
• Draft concept notes, donor proposals, reports and other technical and strategic documents.
• Coordination with the Financial service providers and Cooperating Partners for effective and efficient delivery of Cash and resolution of issues reported from the field.
• Represent WFP in external Cash working group and other forums as requested.
• Work with functional areas for timely updating of WFP Minimum Preparedness Actions (MPA) online platform to ensure compliance with corporate requirements.
• Participate and facilitate Field Level Agreements processes, contracting of partners and similar, budget and programming, database and SCOPE, and more.
• Provide technical advisory services on programme and interventions to the SO Manager.
• All other tasks as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
5 years of professional / managerial experience in the development sector related to Emergencies and Livelihood.
Minimum 4 years of experience and technical knowledge of cash-based transfers and food distributions at a manager level.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Deep experience and technical knowledge of cash-based transfers and food distributions at a manager level.
Excellent knowledge and implementation of project management tools.
experience and technical knowledge of cash-based transfers and food distributions Creation and similar activities at an officer-level.
Excellent professional coordination, supervision, conflict resolution and liaising skills.
Multiple years-experience working in both field and country offices in relevant capacities.
Has deepened technical knowledge through exposure to technical teams.
Has taken leadership of implementing programmes.
Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This job is based in Islamabad and incumbent will report directly to Head of Unit or the designate
Job holders operate with a high degree of independence, manage more junior staff to ensure that programme and policy objectives are achieved in full. They are usually involved in a wide variety of programme and policy activities and analytical work, some of which may be of a considerable complexity. At this level job holders are expected to contribute to performance improvement.
Interested candidates can apply at the link below: