- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
Junior Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Contract ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission in Pakistan, and the direct supervision of the Logistics and Procurement officer in Pakistan, with close coordination with the Senior Procurement and Logistics coordinator in Islamabad, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs to support IOM’s humanitarian activities including maintain systems/procedures for procurement, supply and contracting of goods/works/services, cargo transport, with all the respective documentations.
- Assist in coordinating events (conferences, workshops, trainings, meetings, etc.) as assigned. Provide administrative and logistics support in the preparations and close-out for assigned events in coordination with the relevant managers, partners and other Units within IOM. Provide on-site support and liaise with vendors on event-related matters as necessary.
- Assist in arrange accommodation for all official visitors when/as require.
- Handling shipping and customs clearance issues.
- Handling Shipping of staff Personal Effects (transfer, appointment)
- Post all Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and the respective Purchase Orders (POs) into PRISM FI accurately and timely; properly capture all procurement requests and commitments in the system.
- Follow-up on Purchase Orders status and keep customers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions.
- Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with PO/Contract and goods/services received.
- Submit with supporting documentation Payment Requests through Online Invoice Payable (OIPA) to execute in-Mission Payments. Follow up with the Finance Unit to ensure that suppliers’ accounts are settled on time.
- Conduct regular vendors’ checks and market surveys to ensure a full knowledge of the availability, quality and prices of different supplies and goods in the local market.
- Perform routine administrative tasks such as typing letters or other documents, maintaining filing system.
- Undertake any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business administration, Logistics, supply chain management, or any other related fields with one year of relevant experience or
- School certificate with three years of relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of English and Urdu (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of any other local language/s
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.