- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
| | Industry:
Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS) ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
MS in Microbiology is essential, Degree in Virology is desirable
LICA-10 (equivalent to NO-C)
5 Years(At least 5 years’ relevant experience)
Under the overall supervision of Medical Officer (EPI), the incumbent will undertake the following duties:
- Coordinate with the Provincial Epi and surveillance team to ensure good proper collection of the lab samples.
- Monitor the lab indicators at the provincial/district level and propose/implement the proposed solutions
- Serve as a technical guide for the lab-based diseases surveillance
- Isolation and identification of measles/rubella from blood/serum and oral/throat swab samples.
- Molecular detection of Measles/Rubella through RT-PCR and real time RT-PCR and Genomic sequencing. Confirmation of diagnosis of clinically suspected measles/rubella cases using IgM ELISA
- Isolation of Measles/Rubella virus by using cell culture techniques.
- Molecular characterization of Rubella virus detected from CRS cases
- Sequence submission of Measles and Rubella to Measles Rubella nucleotides surveillance data base.
- Supervision of all activities related to Rotavirus laboratory surveillance.
- Engage in training for collection of clinical samples, storage and shipment to national measles/rubella field officers.
- Training for the technical staff working at sentinel sites for the CRS and Rotavirus surveillance network.
- Laboratory data entry and analyzing and meeting laboratory target indicators for the measles elimination program
- Develop and monitor implementation of Appropriate written protocols: SOP, Biosafety standards, supply and equipment inventories
- Develop and monitor Appropriate quality control (QC) procedures, in- house QC annual serology proficiency test; Refers selected specimens to Regional Reference Laboratory (RRL) for validation.
- Feedback on technical issues and report writing.
- Documentation of all laboratory procedures and data management.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
· Excellent inter-personal and written communication skill
· Proficiency in English language
· Strong report writing skill in English
· Working knowledge in computer software spread sheet, data analysis skill and MS Office is required.