The Stabilisation and Development Programme (SDP) supports the Government’s policies aiming at development and growth of the Newly Merged Districts (NMDs) of KP.
SDP is oriented around four main and reinforcing goals: a) enhancing community resilience and social cohesion to support civil society participation; b) increasing access to basic services through improved physical infrastructures; c) promoting livelihoods and catalysing economic recovery processes; and d) enhanced women economic empowerment.
The Private Sector Analyst will work under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Development Specialist, and overall guidance of the Programme Manager and provide support in implementation of the economic growth component particularly private sector engagement and access to finance.
Description of tasks:
The Private Sector Analyst will provide support in conducting secondary market research for exploring ways for private sector engagement and develop partnership plans. S/he will liaison with UNDP partners, social welfare department and local authorities for promotion of youth employment, SME sector and women led businesses in particular. S/he will also support in monitoring of access to finance activities, preparing and processing terms of references for implementation of activities and preparation of high-quality progress reports, updates social media posts and success stories.
This position will undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Enterprise Development Specialist in analysing existing markets and potential for business development in KP / merged districts through literature review, stakeholder meetings and field visits;
· Develop partnership plan to establish partnerships private sector. Identify potential funding under corporate responsibility to establish private sector in newly merged districts and neighboring districts. Identify donors, private sector and government needs for future funding and develop partnerships in coordination with the programme team;
- Support the Enterprise Development Specialist in monitoring of access to finance activities;
- Support in conducting spot checks and field visits to project location sites as and when required;
- Support the Enterprise Development Specialist in preparing and processing terms of references for implementation of activities including the budget, work plans and subsequently follow-up on IP payment schedule;
- Contribute to the preparation of high-quality progress reports, updates and communication products for UNDP management, government counterparts and donors.
- Responsible for supporting in the smooth implementation of the activities and for providing support to the monitoring unit for effective compilation of results
- Contribute to timely communication and outreach, in close coordination with the Communications Officer, through social media, success stories, blog and press releases.
Furthermore, the Private Sector Analyst is required to:
Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
· Be acquainted with and build upon traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
· Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc;
· Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers;
· Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
· Working and coordinating on private sector activities including business
development, promotion of local businesses led by women entrepreneurs, innovation, and access to finance;
· Support the program team on the timely and effective management and implementation of the project’s enterprise development activities.
· Lessons learnt from the project activities are translated into efficient programme designing and implementation plans.
· A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for development during the assignment, such as activities participated in, and capacities developed.
Qualifications, skills, experience:
· Master’s Degree required in Economics, Development Studies or related field.
Years of work experience:
· A minimum of one year of relevant experience in development sector.
· Written and spoken English and Urdu
· Working knowledge of Pashto is an asset
· Full proficiency in MS Office is required.
Other skills/experience and qualifications:
· Dynamic, creative and multi-functional, who supports the project with professionalism, dedication and client orientation;
· Ability to work in a demanding and time-bound environment;
· Excellent writing and report development.