Purpose of the position is to provide technical assistance to strengthen the COVID, AEFI and VPDs Surveillance. Provincial Health Departments have requested for support to ensure the close monitoring of paediatric vaccination and continuously knowing the situation on timely (daily) manner, AEFI surveillance following Covid-19 paediatric vaccination. In addition, support for VPD surveillance is needed in both areas.
Under the direct supervision of the respective head of sub-office in close collaboration with the National Professional Officers (EPI) and the overall guidance of the Medical Officer (EPI), the incumbent will:
A. Capacity building of surveillance staff on Covid and VPD surveillance guideline.
1. Work closely with Provincial EPI program to develop training plan.
2. Conduct training of respective Surveillance staff
B. Support capacity building of surveillance staff on AEFI related to COVID vaccination, field investigation, detection, data management, and response.
3. Develop a plan for the training of the field staff in the hospitals and primary health care facilities.
4. Conduct a pilot formal training of the trainers and the trickled down training at different levels.
C. Prepare regular reports on the COVID cases/Adverse events analysis in coordination with EPI Program and Emergency Operation Centre (EOC), National institute of health (NIH) and EPI.
5. Liaise with surveillance officers to coordinate on COVID AEFI surveillance activities.
6. Assess burden of disease and any Adverse event following immunization of COVAX at National level.
7. Measuring the impact of COVAX vaccine effect on the burden of the COVID-19 cases by making analytical comparison of the Covid-19 disease incidence rate at different geographical areas before and after the vaccination.
· Qualifications required:
Minimum Essential – University Degree in Medicine
Desirable – Master in Public health.
Minimum Experience required:
At least 5 years of experience working in disease surveillance.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
· Knowledge of the current health system, with good understanding of the vaccination program and hospitals.
· Ability to provide technical advice and design and undergo assessment, and formulation of policy and recommendations.
· Good interpersonal skills, team working, time management and coaching of others
Expert knowledge of English and local language