National Admin/Finance Officer
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and overall supervision of the Programme Manager/Chief of Party and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer for CRA Program, the National Admin/Finance Officer will be directly responsible for the administrative and financial duties of the CRA Program and providing guidance to the resource management staff in the field offices. In particular, s/he will have the following duties and responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- The National Admin/Finance Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the RMO in providing oversight and technical support to the CRA Islamabad Office and Sub Offices Resource Management Unit. Coordinate with the relevant units and Program Manager to prepare the monthly funding requests.
- Prepare CRA donor financial report in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
- Train CRA Office finance staff as well as sub offices Admin/Finance staff on administrative/financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible to monitor all Grants related expenses in PRISM and undertake monthly reconciliation exercise to ensure that all amount showed as expenditures in PRISM corresponds to what is showed as expenditures in the database before closure of month.
- Assist the RMO in reviewing and clearing grants budget before submission to the donor for final approval.
- Put in place a control check system to follow up expenditures directly made in field offices.
- Ensure the expenses are recorded to the correct budget line in the accounting system and are in line Organization practices and rules.
- Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers and ascertain that the equipment’s, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Ensure that instructions, policies and procedures in the areas of HR/Finance and General Administration are followed; suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies.
- Assist and provide technical guidance to accounts, human resources, procurement and other administrative department as well as Sub-offices in carrying out their day to day work.
- Responsible of monthly closure of account in PRISM and the preparation of monthly accounting reports and the attachment of supporting documents for the review and certification by the RMO.
- Reconcile on a monthly basis all debtors and creditors accounts, including advances to staff members.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project/program activities as required.
- Perform such any other related duties that may be assigned by the RMO and/or Chief of Party.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed advanced University degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Two years of working experience (four years of experience for applicants holding a first level university degree) in financial management, accounting and budgeting and knowledge of Human resource management.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and SAP highly desirable
- Audit experience highly regarded.
- Fluency in English & Urdu
We would encourage Female candidates to apply.