Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. International Organization for Migration (IOM) is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
This assignment will contribute to IOM’s project titled ‘Engaging diaspora to strengthen the health sector in Pakistan.’ The overall objective of the project is to engage qualified Pakistani health diaspora through outreach, capacity building and emergency response. To contribute to this objective, IOM is supporting the newly launched Yaran e Watan (Friends of the Country) platform, a health professional application for effective diaspora engagement. Through the maintenance and technical upgrading of the YeW application, Ministry of National Health Services Regulation & Coordination (M/O NHSRC) in collaboration with IOM will conduct web-based gender responsive diaspora engagement activities in countries like Canada, USA, UK, and GCC.
The consultant will work closely with the IOM programme team and Yaran e Watan (Friends of the Country) - Pakistan Diaspora Health Initiative launched by the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations & Coordination (M/o NHRSC).
IOM is seeking services of an IT Consultant, proficient in both software engineering and technical assessments and evaluation of IT platforms/Dashboards. The primary focus of the consultant’s work will be to assess and evaluate the existing Yaran e Watan’s diaspora engagement application i.e., a digital platform. The consultant will help to identify gaps within the platform ecosystem to make sure that the platform is enhanced for fulfilling the program needs
Under the overall supervision of Senior Programme Manager, direct supervision of the National Programme Officer and in close coordination with Yaran e Watan team, the successful candidate will ensure seamless service delivery on the following key theme:
Conduct a Technical Assessment and Evaluation of the Yaran e Watan Digital Platform functionality and identify key gaps for its working, data sharing, reporting, and simplifying user journeys for seamless user experience.
Tasks to be performed:
- The Consultant is expected to perform a technical assessment and evaluation (TEA) of the YeW digital platform to determine its relevance for the expected functions by undertaking following tasks:
- Coordinate with IOM’s National Programme Officer and Yaran e Watan team to understand the background of the project and how was the system designed, how it works and what stage it is at. Integrate findings/outputs in conducting the TAE.
- Create a workplan to organize the process and timeline of the assessment.
- Perform a system analysis of Yaran e Watan existing web-based platforms (internal systems, the web portal for public viewing, and the web portal for public feedback, etc.) based on the actual usage of the system and users’ practical experience in using them.
- Produce a comprehensive and clear report of the overall functionality of the existing YeW web-based platform based on the above process, identifying common loopholes, user experience issues, and data process bottlenecks, inclusive of recommendations for the improvements. Present the findings to the representative of IOM and YeW to discuss recommendations and way forward.
- Based on the agreed recommendations, design a revised digital mockup of the web-based platform
Tangible and measurable output of this work assignment
- Workplan with the timeline for each deliverable.
- Technical Assessment and Evaluation (TAE) of the YeW web-based platform.
- TAE Report with recommendations.
- Presentation of the findings.
- Digital mockup of the revised dashboard.
- Any supporting documents/annexes developed in process.
Performance indicators for evaluation of results
The quality of work performed (targeted and detailed) as specified in the above as well as compliance with agreed delivery dates and terms and conditions.
Remuneration and terms of payment
The consultant shall be paid through an all-inclusive fee, covering full operational, administrative, and technical support costs related to the required service.
Payments shall be made to the consultant in three instalments, based on deliverables and as per below:
- 1st instalment: 25% (twenty-five percent) of the total agreement amount will be paid to the consultant after submission and approval of the workplan and tools.
- 2nd Instalment: 50% (fifty percent) of the total agreement amount will be paid to the consultant upon submission and acceptance of draft final report by IOM, and presentation of the findings.
- Final payment: 25% (twenty five percent) of the total agreement amount will be paid to the consultant after the submission and acceptance of the Final Report and digital mockup of the revised dashboard by IOM.
IOM and Yaran e Watan team will facilitate the consultant in organizing the logistical requirements of the assignment, including providing temporary workspace if required.
Delivery dates :
- Duration of the service: maximum 132 working days, i.e., 6 months.
- Starting date: ASAP
- The consultant will provide his/her final work schedule at the beginning of the assignment for the final approval of IOM. The work plan and schedule will set up clear deadlines for the completion of each expected deliverable
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous working experience as a PHP / Laravel developer for 5-8 years.
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar relevant field.
- In depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel PHP Framework.
- Hands on experience with SQL, SOLID principles, REST API design.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Creative and efficient problem solver.
- Capable of producing high quality results under tight deadline
How to apply
Candidates with the required qualifications should submit
- Detailed CV
- Cover Letter specifying the motivation for applying and justifying suitability for the assignment
- A detailed draft work plan to deliver the assignment within the timeline stipulated
- Financial proposal in PKR quoting consultancy fee and any other expenses that the applicant foresees in relation to the assignment
The documents should be emailed AND dispatched to the following addresses with reference number: 1204584_Full Name of Applicant_MMU_Engaging Diaspora.
Email Address: IOMIslamabadRecruitment@iom.int (kindly mention the consultancy title)
Plot 4C, G5 Markaz, Diplomatic Enclave,
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.