WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Job Title: IT Operations Assistant
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: One year
Duty Station: Peshawar
Vacancy Number: 167662
Date of publication: 24 June 2022
Deadline of application: 7th July 2022
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only.
WFP offers a competitive benefits' package including salary, leave and medical insurance.
Digital solutions are rapidly reaching some of the most vulnerable people and places affected by crisis. As one of the main humanitarian actors, the World Food Programme (WFP) has the opportunity and the obligation to leverage data and technology to better know and serve those in need by digitally transforming the way it works. Such ambition led to a plan aimed at establishing, integrating, and mainstreaming the core elements of an end-to-end digital business process.This includes SCOPE, WFP’s beneficiary and transfer management platform that supports the WFP Programme intervention cycle from a technical perspective. The SCOPE platform is a web-based application used for beneficiary registration, intervention setup, distribution planning, transfer and distribution reporting. SCOPE is intended and being developed to fully support all WFP transfer modalities: in-kind, voucher and cash for a variety of project activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Support the deployment of IT equipment to support SCOPE in the field, in all WFP transfer modalities: in-kind, voucher and cash for a variety of project activities in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
- Play an active role in beneficiary registration activities such as systems configuration, on-site support, data storage and synchronization as well as beneficiary services.
- Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring SCOPE/CBT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them. Keep track of the issues and coordinate within IT Team for resolution.
- Provide IT Service desk function and ensure that IT support to PO staff is being provided according to agreed levels and within agreed defined time frame.
- Perform routine deployments of OS on the user systems and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
- Support the capacity building of Cooperating Partners and Government counterparts as and when required on SCOPE. Remote IT support the field staff as and when required.
- Ensure all implementing partners in the area, registration/distribution points have adequate connectivity with maximum availability and minimized down time.
- Assess the availability of the GSM/MNO's data connectivity services. Capture the connectivity speeds and test its stability.
- Assessment of the City power availability on the proposed sites and recommend alternate/backup solution.
- Receive incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other medium and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System. To assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact of the issue;
- Carry-out configuration of SCOPE systems, software tools and utilities, POS terminals, and other SCOPE devices.
Education: Minimum Secondary school education. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT is desirable
Experience: Minimum 5 Years of experience in IT / Tech support, preferably with NGOs, INGOs or UN system.
Knowledge & Skills: Experience in Beneficiary or Client Management system is desirable.
Languages: Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and Urdu. Knowledge of Pushto will be an added advantage.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This position will be based in Area Office Peshawar, Pakistan and will report to ICT Operations Officer or designate.
The position will be for one year.
Link to Apply: