WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Billing)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Multiple (Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta, Karachi)
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani nationals only.
Female candidates and PWD's with relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP offers a competitive salary and other benefits, including annual leave, parental leave and health insurance for staff and eligible dependents.
- WFP recognizes the positive potential of flexible working arrangements to enable staff members the opportunity to select and alter their work schedules to better fit personal needs and help balance work, personal, and family responsibilities whenever operationally possible.
- WFP is committed to gender equality and parity (50% women and 50% men) and to diversity more generally, among employees across all grades, functions and contract modalities.
- WFP Work Environment: WFP is committed to ensuring that all its workplaces are free from abuse, offensive behaviour, harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. WFP does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS and disability status. WFP is also committed to promoting a work culture in which every employee understands, and is able to carry out, his/her personal responsibilities for maintaining the dignity of work colleagues. We believe our mission of fighting global hunger worldwide can only be achieved if women, men, girls and boys are offered equal opportunities in terms of access to resources and services, and participation in decision making roles.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Join us to make a differenceWatch this video to know more about us!!Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mzGbaRAhz8&feature=youtu.be
To implement well-defined standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Process Vendor invoices in correct & timely manner.2. Process the invoices and use funds according to the SOPs.3. Review all the Transport, Milling, Q&Q and other services' related invoices.4. Ensure supporting documents are complete and are matching with the invoices & Payment requests.5. Check calculations, invoice payable amount with STOs, LTIs, Waybills. Extract support to Payment Report from WINGS & verify with invoices. Prepare/check Penalty calculation report according to data in LESS, Calculate deductions in case of losses. Coordinate with the Operations for STO/LTI related matters.6. Prepare Debit/Credit notes for penalties & adjustment of invoices and send to the vendors for signatures.7. Coordinate with Vendors for any missing documents.8. Match the Invoices in ITS System and submit to Supervisor for approval.9. Review ITS System periodically for outstanding invoices. Take action accordingly for processing of invoices.10. Respond to vendors’ queries for invoice related matters and give detailed periodic feedback to the vendors on their invoice submission time and other invoice related reports.11. Forward all the fund requirement requests to Supply Chain budget focal point in CO Islamabad.12. Post Purchase Orders & SES in WINGS as and when required. Review Open POs in system and take necessary action accordingly for closure of the same.13. Review FRs regularly and monitor on weekly basis to ensure proper spending of FTC and other allotted funds.14. Get the rectifications posted in case of any discrepancies.15. Prepare and submit Cash Forecasts on monthly Basis or as required.16. Prepare FTC Matrices & FTC Monitoring reports as and when required.17. Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education supplemented by First-level university degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounts or CA Foundation.
Experience: Minimum three to five years’ experience in Accounts, Finance, Banking or Invoice processing preferably with UN/NGOs. Or three years Article ship experience with Chartered Accountant firm.
Language: English & Urdu
Job holders report to Logistics Officer (Supply Chain Funds Management), and the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of Supply Chain, Country Office, Pakistan, or the designate.At this level, job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices for all assistance modalities for both WFP and logistics common services. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.