- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
DTM National Database and Information Management Officer
Management Information System (MIS)
Fixed Term ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services, advices and recommendations to governments, migrants and community.
Over the years, IOM has expanded and affirmed its role as the leading Organization assisting the Government of Pakistan to ensure humane and orderly movement of people by devising practical solutions to shifting dynamics of migration, protecting, assisting and supporting vulnerable migrant populations, promoting international cooperation on migration issues and serving as a key source of advice on migration data, research and policy development.
In the area of data, research and policy development, IOM has been specifically supporting Government of Pakistan in providing data and information, including expanding data collection (such as outflow of undocumented Afghan Migrants) and amplifying existing data collected by the Government. In continuation of the support to fulfil the needs for migration data that will be aligned with priority of Government of Pakistan, IOM Pakistan will continue utilizing Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) tools and methodology to collect, clean, organize, analyse and store data, and disseminate information on broader area of human mobility that includes internal and international migrant. To support mentioned efforts, IOM will need National DTM Officer to coordinate and lead the development and maintenance of database and information system, that includes GIS, for DTM activities.
Under direct supervision of Programme Manager (DTM) and under overall supervision of Senior Programme Coordinator, the position holder will be responsible for the deliverables outlined on the following duties:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Conduct migration and displacement data assessment to figure out the availability and gaps of data and information that include information management system related migration in Pakistan,
- Lead the design and technical development of a flexible, compatible and interoperable database and information management structure, that include GIS, for DTM data collection activities and information sharing,
- Coordinate the development of digital data collection tools as required,
- Administering database and information systems to gather and process information required for DTM implementation,
- Lead the monitoring progress of data submission, verification and analysis of data collected through DTM activities that include spatial and statistical analysis,
- Coordinate the production of visual for information product, that include GIS product, and ensure that the product is validated through established quality assurance process.
- Participate in the development and adjustment of work plans, project budgets, monitoring & evaluation tools and standard operations procedures for every DTM activity.
- Support the Programme Manager (DTM) in the development of new initiatives including drafting of data collection implementation strategy, assessment forms, operational plan, reporting initiatives and/or project development.
- Actively contribute and effectively liaise with relevant Information Management working group to strengthen and expand DTM's and IOM presence related to data management policy-oriented research.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project implementation area, field data collection monitoring visits, project assessments, liaison with counterparts, etc.
- Facilitate the integration of IOM’s data protection principles and best practices on humanitarian data protection and ethical use of data across all DTM data management, sharing and dissemination activities.
- Support and enforce data confidentiality guidelines according to IOM data protection Manual to protect sensitive data.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by DTM Programme Manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in Computer or Data Sciences, Statistics, Information and Technology, Geography/Geographic Information System, Communications, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- Masters or Equivalent or Higher in the above fields
- Experience in the develop, troubleshoot, administer and manage information database and information management system that include GIS,
- Experience in analyzing and triangulating qualitative and quantitative data, preferably in the area of migration, from multiple sources and translate it into narrative and visual;
- Experience in coordinating multi-cultural field-based staff and team is highly preferred.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience working in similar field with UN or International Organization, especially in area of human mobility is an advantage.
- Advance command of English and fluency in Urdu (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of other regional languages in Pakistan (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi, etc).