- This employer is no longer accepting CVs for this job, it has been deactivated by the company's administrator.
DTM Information Management Assistant
Management Information System (MIS)
Full Time/Permanent ( First Shift (Day) )
Islamabad Capital Territrory
Under the direct supervision of the DTM National Database and Information Management Officer and under the overall supervision of the DTM Programme Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting all data management processes, including those related to the Crisis response, and facilitating the establishment and maintenance of the DTM databases. The incumbent will be accountable for general data quality assurance across DTM datasets, conducting analysis, for verifying the coherence of datasets and conforming to IOM data protection standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support in the development, implementation and administration of database information systems to gather and process information required for DTM implementation, using standard design principles and patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
- Assist in creating database structures, datasets, end user interfaces and conduct regular data quality checks for quality assurance.
- Improve and automate data validation mechanisms to support operational and reporting systems.
- Proactively monitor integrated processes/database use, especially by field staff, and support the information management team in contacting users to identify difficulties related to the database, server, or connectivity.
- Support the maintenance and expansion of the DTM database, implementing new requirements and functionalities, as needed.
- Support in designing and developing DTM forms, using KOBO Toolbox.
- Support the creation and revision of assessment tools.
- Support the cleaning and analysis of data. Ensure data consistency and provide statistical information and mapping.
- Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability
- Verify the information and accuracy of the data in the system and ensure that reported figures are the same as the once stored in the system.
- Support in conducting triangulation of information
- Support in coordinating work and training of the data entry clerks to ensure the quality of data entered into IOM databases.
- Ensure adherence to data protection policies following procedures put in place for requests for data changes, access and general database use.
- Perform other duties as they might be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree/Certificate in Information Systems and Technology, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Bachelors or Equivalent or Higher in the above fields with three years of relevant experience
- Experience in data/information management, previous experience with IOM DTM an advantage;
- Ability to verify, clean and process data using MS SQL Server and MS Excel required;
- Ability to design and maintain databases using MS SQL Server (Administration and Query);
- Knowledge of mobile data collection, Kobo Toolbox (XLS Form design and data management);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Language required for the position, for example: Fluency in English and Urdu (oral and written).
- Desirable languages, for example: Working knowledge of any other local language/s.
IOM provides equal opportunity to all qualified female and male including the physically challenged candidates.